Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nearing the End?

Well, the boys are officially living with their mother nearly full time. As of Thursday, she has begun a 60-day trial. This simply means that during the next two months the County can pull the kids from her home at any time for any reason. If she does well during the trial, she will be given back provisional custody of the boys.

We moved their bunk beds, dresser and toys over to her apartment yesterday. Both J and M are thrilled to be back with their mom, which is great. And my son is excited to say the least about having his room back to himself.

For the trial period we will still have them on Saturdays all day and overnight so she can work. Once it is over, she will be back to a regular Monday through Friday daytime schedule.

I am happy that it is all winding down, I won't try to hide that fact. It is nice to see that mom has done well in her classes and I hope and pray that it sticks. Those boys deserve a good chance at life, and I think if she stays sober they may do alright.

I want to say this will be my last entry, but I can't be sure. So I will say this is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts ...