Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer

Life is so busy, I don't get much time to stop in here and blog. Summer has been a bit of a challenge so far ...

The boys are in daycare. J is happy to go to daycare. He loves that he gets to play with his friends, go on field trips and have assemblies. M is not so happy about it. He complains that my kids get to stay home. I work from home and my kids are old enough to keep quiet while I am working. They can also fend for themselves when I have an appointment to attend. M is not happy with this arrangement and makes it known. But I must work and this is the only way I can efficiently do so.

I had surgery a week ago to remove a bone in my shoulder that was impinging my artery and blood flow to my arm. I was scheduled to have this surgery in January, a week after we got the boys. With all of the upheaval in our lives at that point, I postponed the surgery. We are in a bit of a groove now with the kids, so I rescheduled (being told by the doctor that my condition had worsened also pushed me along). The surgery went very well, but I must rest in order to recover. And I am not allowed to drive yet.

So we made the mom step up and help us out during this time. Since she has unmonitored visitation privileges, she has been taking the boys to daycare each morning for me. She also came to our home at 4:30 a.m. on the day of my surgery to sit with the boys and get them to daycare. It's the least she can do.

I have noticed a change in the boys this summer. I'm not sure if it's just that they have reached a higher comfort level here, or if they are just getting more frustrated with this whole situation. It may have something to do with the amount of time they are now spending with their mom (16 hours a week, unmonitored). Both of them are sporting more attitude. M will challenge us when asked to do something, or complain about how we do things. J will just roll his eyes at me.

They are able to "work" their mom pretty easily. A few whiny words, a couple of tears, some begging - it's that easy to get what they want from her. I honestly think they are more frustrated with us now because they have been with their mom so much lately, and have had a taste of manipulation. They know it doesn't work with us and it aggravates them.

We still have 54 days of summer to go. Hope I make it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts ...